Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's Food...

The chipolte cheesecake was yummy! It got rave reviews at the party.
For New Year's Day, we had family visit, so I made a big turkey dinner, with all the trimmings. I made a green bean casserole, but instead of cream of mushroom soup, I made a white sauce, seasoned it, added diced, cooked bacon, topped with that onion-rings-in-a-can stuff. I made a pretty traditional dressing, nothing fancy, just white and wheat bread, stock, butter, onions, celery, and sage from my garden. I took sweet potatoes from a can, reduced the syrup, added some honey and brown sugar, diced candied ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. I had some toasted hazelnuts for the brownies, so used a few to top the sweet potatoes. I also made traditional mashed potatoes, gravy. We had that NY Times bread, too.
Dessert was what I call "Triple Threat Brownies." I used a basic fudge brownie mix, added toasted hazelnuts, mini milk chocolate chips, and topped it with chocolate sprinkles. Of course, it was topped with Breyer's all natural vanilla ice-cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment