Thursday, July 8, 2010

Granola


Oatmeal (3 cups), bran flakes (2 cups), All-Bran (1+ cup), ground flax seed, walnuts (most of a big bag), almonds (got mini-almonds,used most of the bag), salted peanuts (not much). Combine about 1/2 cup oil, 1 cup honey (and a bit of corn syrup), some cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice. Boil, then pour over granola mixture. Stir well to coat everything. Spread on baking sheet, bake 350, for about an hour. I didn't really time it. I just watched it, lowered temp to 300, tasted. Stir every now and then. It will crisp up when out of the oven and cooled. After it cooled, I added blueberry infused dried cranberries, which I further dried on a cookie sheet while the granola was in the oven. I find that the "dried" fruit right out of the bag is still too moist.

No comments:

Post a Comment