Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Manicotti






My daughter was remarking about some cheese-filled crepes she saw advertised on TV, from a well-known chain restaurant. This is what I came up with. First, I showed her how to make her own ricotta. Then I combined the fresh ricotta with a blend of shredded Italian cheese, an egg, Italian seasoning, extra oregano, salt, and pepper. To stuff the shells, I put the mixture into a sealed bag, then cut off the corner. It was then easily squeezed into the tubes. I had 5 leftover crepes I wanted to use (and didn't want to make more, so hence, the shells), and filled those with the cheese. I used a cheap jar of reduced fat alfredo sauce as a base, putting some in the bottom of the pan, then topped off the filled crepes/shells, then sprinkled with remaining shredded cheese. Baked until golden and bubbly.
I served it with Mini Italian meat loaves and sauteed mushrooms with thyme.
Yes, delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment