Saturday, August 28, 2010

Pesto Pizza


For the pesto, I put fresh basil (chiffonade), crushed garlic (2 cloves), handful of parmesan cheese (grated), canola oil (didn't have olive), and chopped walnuts. I used a mini-processor that really isn't worth a crap... If I would have been thinking, I would have used my immersion blender and not had to do as much prep...
Oh well.
Brush olive oil (I did have spray olive oil, so did that, actually) on top of crust, then spread with pesto (I didn't use much oil in that, just enough to bind). Then topped with Italian blend shredded cheese, diced red onion, some zucchini, and a bit of diced green and red pepper. more cheese.
Baked it in a hot oven till cheese was bubbly. yum.

On a second pizza, I topped crust with tomato sauce (used the stuff that came in the package with the crusts, sauce was good, crusts were crap), some shredded mozzarella, a generous amount of diced zucchini, red onion, green and red peppers. Sprinkle with a spice mix: kosher salt, red pepper flakes, celery seed, ground together. More cheese, It. blend and mozz.
Baked in a hot oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment