Thursday, October 21, 2010

Corn Chowder





Corn cobs
Butter
Onion
Green chilies, roasted, diced
Corn
Potatoes, diced
Chicken stock
Heavy cream
Simmer corn cobs in the water, drain, reserving the water, throw cobs away.

Saute onion and chilies in butter, add corn. Add strained cob water, chicken stock, and diced potatoes. Cook until potatoes are tender. Add heavy cream, heat through. Season throughout the cooking process with salt and pepper.

Yesterday, I had some leftovers in the fridge, pulled some together to take to work. I had some corn (canned), a bit of cream, and a roasted chili. I combined them and added dried onion flakes , cumin, salt, and pepper. Then I used the immersion blender to puree, leaving it kind of medium chunky. I microwaved it during lunch in the workroom. Quick, easy, and very yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment