Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sourdough Bagels




Yes, in retrospect, I should not have "cut" the bagels. Next time, I will shape into balls, poke a finger through the middle, twirl it a bit.
I used sourdough starter, flour, milk, butter, salt. Kneaded it, let it raise. Then rolled it out and formed them. Let them raise a bit, then drop into simmering/boiling water to which you've added a couple of tablespoons sugar and one of salt. I had them in their about 2-3 minutes. Drain, put on baking sheet (oiled, cornmeal). Bake about 20 minutes in a 350-375 oven.
The next day, I found that I could just pot a whole one in the toaster, and it comes out great, kind of a bagel bite/pretzel. Perfect for a dip of some kind! Sliced and toasted are in between a bagel and a bagel chip.

No comments:

Post a Comment