Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sourdoughnuts















I used a different method of mixing biscuits, using sourdough starter. There are plenty of recipes on the web, google it. Basically, the wet ingredients (starter and milk) are combined. Then the driy are combined (flour, salt, baking powder). Butter is added to the dry, ala pie crust. I grated half a stick of cold butter in, then mixed it with the dry ingredients.
Then, combine the wet and dry, kneading it to make a nice dough.
Butter, fold, turn, repeat.
Cut.
Put on a greased pan and place over a simmering pot of water. Let rise or 30 minutes.
I used a straw to cut out the center of the doughnuts, as I didn't have a small cutter. Fry.
Dust with cinnamon sugar (to which I have also added nutmeg, cloves, allspice).
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment