Monday, November 8, 2010

Czar's Gold and Caviar Nougat Mini-Cheesecakes


These were inspired by the Russian Team Room in New York City, off their Christmas Day and New Year's Menu. I did these as part of an adult education class I am teaching, "Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Sweets." I found a recipe for a nougat cheesecake on the Kraft Foods site.









3 pkg.s cream cheese, softened
3 eggs
8 oz. sour cream
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 T. cornstarch
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups crushed pistachios
1 1/2 cups crushed toasted almonds
1 cup diced candied cherries

Crust (I did two ways, as I ran out of mini Nilla wafers):

1 Mini Nilla wafer fits the bottom of a mini-muffin tin.

I ran out of them, didn't have enough to make another 48. I had a small handful left, so put them in the food processor with about 3/4 cup almonds, some flour, and butter. I had enough of that to crank out another 48.

This made enough cheesecake batter for at least 8 dozen small cheesecakes (one bite).

Top each with a dollop of melted Toblerone and Nutella, sprinkle with gold sugar (Czar's gold), pistachios, and diced candied cherry (the caviar).

No comments:

Post a Comment