Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Round Steak








Easy! Start with round steak, we use Touchstone black angus. Tenderize with a meat hammer. Season with salt and pepper, onion powder, paprika. Dust with flour. Brown. Put into slow cooker. Drain oil from pan, deglaze with madiera. or red wine, or beef stock. Sprinkled dry onion over beef. Pour liquid over the meat. Towards the end of cooking, I added some cornstarch and water to thicken the gravy.
I didn't get a picture of it as it came out of the slow cooker, but I did snap a pic of the little bit of leftovers this morning... Had it late last night when I finished with classes, around 9! I put the meat in the bottom of a bowl, put some mashed taters on top, then green beans, and topped it with gravy. Shepherd's pie in a bowl.
Halloween candy for dessert.
What could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment