Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Italian Beef Sandwich






Got the idea for this from another blogger: http://beyerbeware.blogspot.com/2010/12/hunk-of-meat-monday-italian-beef.html
I used Italian seasoning, dried onion, fennel seeds, and a can of beer. Cooked it in the slow cooker, added some Madeira. Then took it out, shredded it, reduced the liquid, and put it back in the cooker.
I made some whole grain sourdough rolls as well. I used unbleached AP flour, and Hungarian High Altitude flour.
yumm!

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to make some Italian beef sandwiches lately. Did you use any of that veggie mix they do on top? I pretty much have the meat part down, just need to come up with a good recipe for the veggies. I think they are pickled maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. I think it is called giardiniera, do a google search, lots of recipes out there for it. It would be good, though.

    ReplyDelete