Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ricotta Pancakes








I saw something like this on a cooking show, using cottage cheese. I googled a couple of recipes, too. This is what I did.
First, I made some ricotta. I emptied out what was left of the half gallon of milk in the fridge. Brought it to almost boiling, 181F-190F. Then poured in some apple cider vinegar. I let it sit and curdle while I went on line and surfed around, watched some news, back to a cooking show, back to the news....
After it was curdled, I strained it. I got about a cup, maybe a little over. I didn't measure it.
To the ricotta, I added 3 egg yolks, and about a cup (a little less) of milk; used a whisk and stirred it all together.
In another bowl I put about a cup of self-rising flour. I bought some by accident a while back and am trying to use it up. To that, I added good spoonful of sugar.
In a third bowl, I whipped the 3 egg whites to stiff peaks.
Combine dry to the ricotta/yolk mixture, then fold in the whites.
Cook on a griddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment