Saturday, July 23, 2011

Lavender Panna Cotta


I looked up several recipes on the 'net, this is what I did;
In a saucepan, put a quart half-n-half, half-pint whipping cream. Put in some lavender, I had some growing in my garden, had cut it earlier and dried it on a screen. I crushed some, and left some whole. I brought it to a boil, steeped the lavender a bit.
While the cream was heating up, I put two .25 oz packets of gelatin into a cup of milk, let it soften.
After the cream steeped, I brought it just up to a boil again, then strained it into a bowl, adding the milk/gelatin mixture, and a teaspoon or so of vanilla (almond would work, too).
Let set until it cools a bit, then refrigerate. One can make individual molds or one large mold for a platter.
I served it with fruit:
Frozen berries, sugar, brandy.
yum.
Very "floral" tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment