Saturday, August 20, 2011

Yes, another pizza....





This pizza isn't so much about ingredients as it is method. The crust was made with flour, truffle infused olive oil, reg. olive oil, yeast, salt, sugar. After letting the dough rise, I punched it down, then made crusts. Before baking, I brushed the crusts with olive oil and butter, gently heated with garlic.
After baking crusts, I used a light spread of Ragu pizza sauce, and then shredded "pizza" cheese blend. Then, I topped them with a mixture of browned Italian sausage, mini-pepperoni, minced red onion, and minced green pepper. I tossed all the toppings together, then spread over the top instead of layering them. I put dollops of sauce over the toppings, then more cheese.
Baked the pizza directly on the rack of a hot (425 convection) oven. If the bottom of the crust is browning, turn on the broiler.

No comments:

Post a Comment