Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Leftovers: Stuffed Zucchini

I had half a zucchini that needed to be eaten today, so stuffed it with some leftover brown rice, diced red onion, diced salami, chopped roasted garlic, and finely grated cheese. I drizzled the cut zucchini with some leftover garlic oil, I sliced a bit off the bottom in order to have it sit without falling over. The salami was leftover from sandwich stuff we had from a road trip over the weekend. I diced a couple of slices. I added just enough cheese to hold it together. I used a fine grater. It was seasoned with some oregano from the garden, leftover from a tomato pizza the other day. It was sitting on a plate on the counter, had dried. After mounding it in the zucchini boats, I drizzled it with a bit of truffle infused olive oil. I baked it in a hot oven, until internal temp of 165F. The zucchini was just tender, not overly mushy.

No comments:

Post a Comment