Sunday, January 29, 2012

Prime Rib Sandwich with Church Potluck Beans

I cooked a prime rib yesterday, so we had leftovers today. We had prime rib sandwiches with American cheese, and horseradish sauce. Beans and fresh vegetables on the side.
I sliced the meat thinly.

Then, quickly sauteed it on a cast iron griddle. I moistened it a bit while cooking with a bit of beef broth.
We didn't want to make another trip to the store this weekend, so yesterday, I made hoagie rolls. I split them and toasted them ahead of time, keeping them warm in the oven while heating the sliced meat.

So, you might ask about the Potluck Beans... basically, they are a throw together bean, with one tall can Bush's Country Style, one regular size can baby butter beans (rinsed and drained), and one can red (not kidney) beans (rinsed, drained). I fried some onion and bacon, added it to the beans. Put in a big squirt of catsup, and a medium squirt of mustard. Finished it off with a glug or so of molasses. yep. The baby butter beans is what makes it church potluck style. I could have put in lima beans, for emphasis, but, really did not want to go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment