Sunday, April 1, 2012

Creamy Lemon Pie




Easy. Sweetened condensed milk, about a can and a half. Add to that lemon zest, 1/2 cup lemon juice, a tsp. lemon extract, several eggs, I think I used one whole egg and a couple of yolks.
Par-bake a pie crust, yes, I use the ones rolled up in a box in the cooler next to the biscuits. I put some foil (or parchment or waxed paper) into the shell and fill partway with dried beans. The beans prevent the crust from puffing up or shrinking out of shape. I reuse them, have them is a bag in my baking cupboard.
Put the filling into the partially baked crust, bake on low for about 20 minutes. Chill well before serving. One could top it with meringue, made with the leftover egg whites. But my husband hates meringue, so he tops it with whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment