Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Caramel Rolls

I made these with dough from the day before. Pretty self-explanatory.

I put half a stick of unsalted butter, white sugar, brown sugar, a bit of molasses, and some corn syrup into a small saucepan and brought it to a boil. I put it in the bottom of the baking pan.
I then rolled out the dough, it was in the fridge overnight, let it come to room temp, then start to work the dough.
Spread it with butter, sprinkle with sugar and spices.
I used cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves.
Roll it up, pinch the seam together.
Slice, place in the pan, let rest a bit, 15 minutes or so.
Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes. It depends on how thick they are. I bake them until they are golden. Invert, spooning any errant gooey caramel over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment