Saturday, July 7, 2012

Cheese and Spinach Enchiladas

I made ricotta earlier in the day, used it in the filling along with shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend, and shredded quesadilla melting cheese. I added a can of diced green chilies (drained), some sauteed spinach (squeezed dry), ground cumin seed, and an egg.
The sauce consisted of sauteed onion and jalapeno pepper (seeds and ribs removed), added a can of crushed tomatoes, and beef stock. I seasoned it with cumin, paprika, smoked paprika, and garlic powder. After cooking the sauce, I pureed it with my immersion blender.
The enchiladas were served with a rough guacamole: chopped tomatoes, onion, jalapeno (with seeds for heat), diced avocado, and lime juice.
The black beans were canned, rinsed and drained. I simmered them in chicken stock, added some ground cumin seed and a bit of butter. I used a potato masher to "half-mash" them. The rice was simply brown rice, a half a packet of taco seasoning, and chicken stock, cooked in the rice cooker.
Salt to taste while cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment