Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pizza: Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

I started the sauce by heating some crushed garlic in olive oil. To that I added some crushed red pepper flakes, rosemary, crushed black pepper, and a bit of anchovy paste.
I put some jarred roasted red pepper in the cup that came with my immersion blender and added the warmed oil mixture; pureed it until smooth.
For the crust, I made a simple dough: flour, yeast, pinch of sugar (used to proof the yeast), salt, olive oil. After it was doubled in bulk, I formed some crusts and pre-baked them.
I topped the crust with the roasted red pepper puree, finely grated asiago cheese, browned Italian sausage, and more cheese, a blend of mozzarella, provolone, asiago, parmesan, romano. I sprinkled cracked black peppercorns on top. The pizza was placed directly on the rack to back in a hot oven, 400F convection.



No comments:

Post a Comment