Sunday, July 22, 2012

Spaghetti & Meatballs

My husband is going on his annual backpacking trip, and was in the process of browning and drying the hamburger. He gave me a pound from the large package he had gotten and said, "Here."
So, I made meatballs. To the hamburger I added: fresh breadcrumbs, asiago and parmesan cheese, grated onion, ground rosemary, thyme, grated garlic, pepper, salt, fennel, red chili flakes. I put a couple of slices of bread into the food processor, and then added the seasonings to that to mix well. One egg went into the mixture, used my hands to mix well.
I put the meatballs into a glass baking dish and baked in the oven until nicely browned.
At this point, one could add one's favorite sauce, a large can of crushed tomatoes, whatever. I added a cheap can of 4-cheese spaghetti sauce.
Yes, really.
Put it back in the oven and bake until the sauce begins to caramelize.
Towards the end of baking, I sprinkled finely grated asiago and parmesan over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment